Sunday, July 8, 2007

Thoughts on Article

I have never spent much time thinking about how you can see if your content is "popular" with a blog and other convergent media. I'm thinking about whether that matters to everyone who creates "new" media... I assume it's a point... I mean if no one read my blog I would probably stop posting to it for sure, but then again it's not about the number of people who read my blog, it's about the fact that a number of my friends and family members read it and stay connected with me in ways other than just blabbing on the phone... so "popular" is the wrong word... but "valued" and assessed by some other sort of qualitative data point is for sure important.

1 comment:

Experiential Education Metrics said...

I guess I never thought of a blog in terms of it being a replacement for emails among a small number of family and friends.. My take has been that a blog is a tool of "opinion makers" within large communities (skewed thinking based mostly on what I've read in the popular press about the blog phenomenon)... but you're right, it makes sense to think of it as a "community" building tool for small or large groups...