Saturday, June 30, 2007

V66

Something I just thought of from high school days. There was this channel that was on all day. It was pre-cable in EVERY house, around the V66 days. The channel scrolled a phone number at the bottom of the page, and if you wanted a particular song, you would call in the number as you saw it scroll by. Then it would confirm the selection, and you would wait to hear it. It was something I remember being on the phone with friends and saying.. "I'm going to order A-ha.. you order the Lizzie Borden and the Axes video." We got the sense that we were in control of the channel if we all ordered enough songs.
These days I am sure there is something on cable, that can be connected to via online, or through your cell phone to select videos or music. I have VideoDJ in my phone, and I can watch a channel that is similar to, if not actually MTV. Perfectly simplifying and making it more personal.

No comments: